This is my Go To dinner recipe when I want very few ingredients or I forget to thaw some meat the night before. Honestly, Im not sure if it actually qualifies as a recipe but more of a guide but here goes!
- 1-2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 18 oz. bottle of BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce)
- Hamburger Buns
- Toppings Optional: Sliced or Shredded Cheese, Pickles, Coleslaw
- Removed any fat from chicken
- Place in slow cooker
- Add about 1/2 – 2/3’s bottle of BBQ Sauce over the chicken
- Place the lid on tight and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours
- Shred chicken with a fork about 30 minutes before your ready to eat. It will be easy as the chicken will be very tender.
- Add in the remaining BBQ sauce
- Place on buns
- Add toppings if desired
*If you’re home, give it a stir through out the day so it doesn’t burn or over cook the bottom.
*If using frozen chicken, cook 2-3 hours on LOW with out the BBQ sauce. Then remove any excess water and trim fat. Place back in slow cooker with BBQ sauce and continue cooking 5-6 hours.