GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
This week my family got to try Hurst Family Beans for the first time and we were quite impressed. We decided to try the recipe on the Hurst Website for Southwestern White Bean Chili. It’s been “cooler” here in Florida. Yes, high 60′s and low 70s at night is COOL for us Floridians. So, it was chili time. All 6 of us just LOVED the taste of the beans. And, mom loved the price – ONLY $2.99 for 8 servings of beans. These beans can be found in the DRY bean section at Publix!!
Here is the recipe we tested:
- 1 package White Bean Chili
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- Rinse and sort through the beans. Pour beans into a large bowl or pot and cover with 2 inches of warm water. Allow beans to soak over night, or at least 4 hours. Drain and discard water.
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, pepper, and garlic for 5-6 minutes until onions become translucent. Add chicken and cook until all meat is browned.
- Add 7 cups of water and rinsed beans. Turn the heat to high and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Stir periodically.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Simmer (covered) for 60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Check beans for doneness. When fully tender, add contents of seasoning packet.
- Simmer for additional 10 minutes before serving.
Currently you can head over to the Hurst Facebook page and enter to win win one of (3) $100 grocery gift cards!
One lucky Couponers United Winner will receive a $50 Publix gift card!
Here’s how to enter:
1) Leave a comment letting me know what recipe you would use Hurst Beans in.
2) Subscribe to Couponers United daily newsletter-leave a comment below letting me know you did.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by the folks at Hurst Family Harvest. All comments and opinions are my own!
This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.