Do you remember how Friendship Bracelets were all the rage back in the late 80’s early 90’s? I never knew how to make them very well. And was always the one begging for my friends to make me more. Well, with this easy tutorial, I could totally make them myself! LOL Not sure what I would do with them now but Im going to teach my kids how. I know my 9 year old would think it was cool!
- Trace a circle out of card board and draw 8 lines like in the picture above.
- Cut about 1/2 inch into each line and make a hole in the middle of the circle where the lines intersect.
- Cut 7 strands of embroidery floss about 24 inches long and tie them together with a slip knot.
- Thread the knot bundle through the hole in the cardboard and tape it to hold in place.
- Tuck a strand of thread into 7 of the slits in the cardboard.
- Hold your loom so the open slit is in front of you. Count three strings clockwise. Take that third string out of its slit and place it in the empty slit.
- Turn the loom so the empty slit is in front of you again and repeat the steps above until your bracelet is long enough to wear!
How stinking easy and fun!
Thanks Pinterest and Michael Ann Made