HOME MADE MARSHMALLOW FLUFF
- 3 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate (chips or bars)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate (chips or bars)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- Beat egg whites together until light and frothy using an electric stand mixer with the whisk attachment. With the mixer running, slowly pour in 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup water, corn syrup, and remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Place over medium heat and cook until boiling. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture reaches the firm-ball stage, about 242 to 248 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add hot syrup to egg-white mixture ( make sure kids and pets are not nearby, this could scar you for life, people(!) and scares the living daylights out of me!). Increase mixer speed to high and continue beating for 4 minutes. Add vanilla and continue to beat until mixture looks like marshmallow cream, about 1 minute more. Store in tightly sealed jars.
- Remove half the marshmallow cream and pour in 1/2 cup melted chocolate and 1 tablespoon sifted unsweetened cocoa to the remaining half. Start mixer on low speed then mix on high until well-combined, scraping down sides of bowl if needed.
- When you add the vanilla also add 1 cup melted semi-sweet or milk chocolate and 2 tablespoons sifted, unsweetened cocoa. Start mixer on low speed then mix on high speed until well combined, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl if needed.
Be sure to follow Couponers United on Pinterest