I was recently given the chance to try a recipe using Klondike Rose potatoes. I was very excited with the recipe they gave me to make as I have been trying to look for a few dish to add to our Christmas brunch. Every year I host Christmas brunch for my in-laws and each year it’s the same: eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage, and biscuits. So this year I’m definitely adding this recipe to the menu! The recipe I was given was home-made Klondike Rose hashbrown patties. YUM! The recipe was EASY – which is a MUST for me. AND I was able to watch the video online and cook along with the chef. AND I had just about everything on hand already. The only thing I needed to purchase was fresh spinach.
6 cups Klondike Rose potatoes (grated)
3 slices bacon
1 medium tomato
1 cup cheese (grated)
1 onion (diced)
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp horseradish
salt and pepper to taste
- Grate Klondike Rose potatoes into a large bowl. Do not rinse.
- Chop spinach and bacon, dice tomato and onion.
- On baking sheet, form patties with the potatoes. On top of the patties, layer bacon, tomato, onion and spinach, laying cheese on top.
Bake in a 350° F oven for 10 – 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and serve.
My final review: The hashbrowns were easy to make. The Klondike Rose potatoes were by far the easiest to shred out of any potato I’ve ever used before – and they were the tastiest in my opinion! The recipe was a hit in my house. The kids liked that they could leave out any ingredients off their hashbrowns (spinach) and add extra of what they like most (cheese!).
Two lucky readers will win Potato Prize Packs which include a potato grill, potato peeler, potato ricer and other assorted potato related items. Valued at $65 each!
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Share about this giveaway by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter, or your blog page. Leave a comment below letting me know you did.
2) Leave a comment below with the name of your favorite potato recipe
3) “like” Couponers United on Facebook HERE and leave a comment below
4) “like” Klondike Potatoes on Facebook HERE and leave a comment below
That’s up to 4 entries allowed per person!! 2 winners will be randomly chosen on Monday Oct 18th Winner must have a U.S. shipping address.