I don’t know about you, but in the last 2wks I have gotten a TON of canned biscuits for free or super cheap!! Wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to do with so many, and I remembered my best friends recipe for Chicken & Dumplings! It’s SO easy and is SOOO good! I usually have it when the weather is cooler, but it looks like that won’t be happening any time soon here in Central Florida!
MB’s Chicken & Dumplings:
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 onion, finely diced
* 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
* 6 Boiled Eggs sliced
* Chicken Broth or water and chicken bullion
* Lots of black pepper
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough chicken broth (or water & bullion) to cover. (I put alot of pepper to taste)
2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, carefully fold in 6 sliced up boiled eggs and place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
I usually add the pepper twice. Once at the beginning & again about 1/2 way through. I didn’t have onions tonight, so I used onion powder.
Thanks again Mary Beth! My family loves this dish!