I’m in charge of brownies for Easter this year. I didn’t want to bring the same ole box brownies- so I went all out and made these awesome layered brownies:
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix + the ingredients that are called for on the brownie box (I used Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups (8 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. (Highly recommended: For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.) Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In large bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat topping ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Cool about 10 minutes or until lukewarm.
- 4Pour topping over filling; spread to cover. Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until set. Before cutting into bars, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Store covered inrefrigerator.
If you like it-be sure to PIN it so you don’t lose this recipe!