Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by the Florida Prepaid College Board. I am a Believer Blogger. All opinions are my 100% my own
Is it really May already? As another school year comes to an end, I can’t help but wonder where the time has gone? I have TWO teenagers now. Plus a soon-to-be 5th and 3rd grader. Wowza! And as I scroll through my Facebook feed I find pics of proms and graduations and college acceptance letters. I know those days will be here before I know it. It reminds me how fortunate I am to have a financially smart hubby that knows how to plan and save. He has taught me so much over the years.
On May 29th we celebrate 529 College Savings Day. Now is the time to plan. Now is the time to get started saving if you haven’t already began. Enter the Florida 529 Savings Plan Scholarship with this special new giveaway. First, check out the details on the 529 Savings Plan… then enter to win one of 10 scholarships!
What IS a 529 College Savings Plan and how is it different from The Prepaid Plan????
- A 529 Savings Plan does not have a set payment plan or schedule.
- You have the option to contribute as much or as little as you’d like to the account.
- There are no specific open enrollment dates or deadlines. Open your account at ANY time
- Keep in mind, 529 Savings Plans can fluctuate with the market. There is not a guaranteed amount that is backed by the State of Florida.
- The Florida Prepaid College Board offers 11 investment strategy options – to help you maximize your college savings.
- Remember there are NO minimum payment or application fees!!
10 Lucky Students Will Win a Florida 529 Savings Plan with $529
Want to win one of ten $529 Scholarships from the 529 Savings Plan Scholarship Program?
*You must be a legal Florida resident over 18 to enter.
*Winners will be selected from all eligible entries via a random drawing on June 1, 2016 at 3pm EST
*Families can enter to win between May 1 and May 29, 2016, which is 529 College Savings Day.
Time flies. I still can’t fathom that my oldest is now getting behind the wheel of a car! As my children get closer to graduation, the more I prep for their college future. I’m blessed to have kids that keep their grades up and participate in extracurricular activities for those college scholarships. I’m also happy that we have a Florida Prepaid College plan to assist my children with the college future that they dream of.