Khan Academy launches Pixar in a Box, a behind-the-scenes look at Pixar Animation Studios’ creative process!
Have you checked out KhanAcademy yet? My kids use at at school and love it. The schools here use it (High School) and just love how much the kids learn.
I’m doing the happy dance as now they have added a FREE online curriculum that shows how Pixar filmmakers use science, technology, engineering, art and math to create movie magic!!!
Starting today, students can access Pixar in a Box and learn:
· How combinatorics are used to create crowds, like the swarm of robots in WALLE.
· How parabolas are used to model environments, like the forest in Brave.
· How weighted averages are used to create characters, like Buzz Lightyear and Woody.
· How linear and cubic interpolation are used to animate characters.
· How trigonometry is used to create the worlds in which Pixar stories take place.
· How simultaneous equations are used to paint all of Pixar’s images.