I hope your able to find a few things on this list to help get your kids excited about reading this summer!
Half Price Books – Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program
- Read for at least 15 minutes each day for a month.
(Grown-ups may read aloud to kids who are still learning.)
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you’ve read 300 minutes, turn in your completed reading log to earn your $5 HPB Back-to-School Bucks reading reward for the month.
- We’ll award one top reader per age group each month with a TOP READER prize – a $20 HPB Gift Card!*
iVillage/ PBS Kids Summer Reading Challenge
Get your kids reading this summer! iVillage has teamed up with PBS KIDS Raising Readers to create a free 6-week program to help children discover the joys of reading. You’ll receive:
- A daily email with fun activities to build reading skills
- Tricks and advice from your Challenge coach
- Great book suggestions for kids of all ages
- Tips from other parents taking the challenge
- A chance to win daily prizes
Scholastic Summer Challenge
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Help your kids sign-up at www.scholastic.com/summer
- Download the free Family Participation Guide for children ages 0-6 or for children ages 7-12 for fun reading activities to do at home and watch the “HOW TO” video
- Learn more about the NEW Scholastic Reading Timer app.Kids can log minutes, time themselves reading and you can track their progress and get daily reading tips (COMING SOON)
- Check out the 2012 Scholastic Summer Challenge Book List, free tools and expert articles for great ideas on how to get your kids reading all summer
Earn 10 FREE tokens every time your child reads for 2 weeks in a row. Just fill out the form and bring it in to a participating Chuck E Cheese claim your free tokens.
Barnes and Noble Kids Summer Reading Program (please note they have not updated for the 2012 year, this is still the 2011 info…hoping it stays the same)
- Kids read any eight (8) books of their choosing.
- Record them in the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Imagination’s Destination
Journal. Be sure to let us know to whom you would recommend each book, and why.
2. Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 24th and September 6th, 2011.
3. Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
*Eligible books will be listed on the coupon. Choices must be made from available stock. No special orders. Limit of one (1) form per school-age child (grades 1-6), please. Incomplete form will be ineligible for free books.
Quizzes aren’t too hard and give around 200 points (if all questions are answered correctly). Then let the kids save their points for a prize from the Prize Library!
TD Bank Summer Reading Program for Kids
It’s easy! Here’s what participating kids need to do:
2. Print out the Summer Reading Form
3. Write down the names of the books they’ve read
4. Take the form to the nearest TD Bank
5. Watch $10 be deposited into a new or existing Young Saver Account