It appears that a new Publix Coupon policy will begin October 1st – with a grace period thru Oct 18 (during which time Customer Service is to educate customers about new coupon policies while allowing them to continue to abide by the old policy). I have read through them a few times (thanks Amy!!) and I’m pretty happy with the changes. The RED text are the main changes.
New policy includes:
- We only accept coupons on identical items we sell.
- We accept a manuf and either a Publix store coupon or competitor coupon on the same item. Maximum 2 coupons per item
- Manuf digital offers can not be combined with manuf papercoupons on the purchase of the same item.
- We do not accept percentage off items or percentage off total order coupons.
- We do not accept coupons that Publix determines to be printed incorrectly. For example, a coupon missing a size requirement or other standard coupon details .
- We do not accept coupons presented via a mobile phone or device
- We do not accept coupons that appear to be copied. Allcoupons must be originals.
- For Bogo offers, each item is considered a separate purchase.
- We limit coupon redemption to eight of the same coupons per day per household.
- Managers approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.
- Dollar off total order coupons will be limited to one Publix coupon and one competitor coupon per day per household. The total order before coupon must be equal to or greater than combined purchase requirement indicated on the coupons presented. We consider competitor coupons for a dollar off groups of items to be dollar off total order coupons and will only allow one per day per household.
- Money due back to the customer at the end of the transaction involving coupons will only be provided on a Publix gift card.
New Rain Check policies:
- We will only issue one rain check per day per household for an item.
- We will not issue rainchecks for Publix, manuf or competitor coupons
If you’re an average couponer, this should not affect you too much. I personally like the 8 of the same coupon limit. It may keep items on the shelf a little longer 🙂