This June, Safeway opened three new stores here in Florida. The new stores are located in Oakland Park, Largo, and Altamonte Springs, Florida. My teenage daughter and I had the chance to visit the local Altamonte Springs location which is located at 503 E. Altamonte Drive, where the old grocery store was.
The new Safeway grocery store includes a large bakery, meat, and seafood section, and a hot deli with a Chinese food bar. They also have an expanded natural and organic section with over 30 fresh juices pressed and packaged on site daily. We were very impressed with the large variety of organic offerings. A much larger selection than what we are used to.
We spent a lot of time in the produce section. The fruits and vegetables were beautiful in color and the prices were great. We stocked up on our favorites. Corn, strawberries, and apples.
My teen daughter was extremely impressed with their amount of vegan offerings. She only eats vegan foods and it is very hard to not only find food that she can consume, but to find it at a price that doesn’t break our budget. Safeway had a very large section dedicated to the vegan diet. We were able to stock up for her while shopping for the rest of the family. I love this as I usually have to visit multiple stores each week to cover us all.
Safeway is not your average grocery store. In addition to all of the amazing food and great prices offered within the store, they have 3 programs that set them apart, and above, other grocery stores. These 3 programs will help you save more money and will make shopping so much easier for your family.
Just for U
The Safeway app is a must-have app when shopping at Safeway. The just for U savings tool, located within the Safeway App, is a time and money saver. Just for U allows shoppers to see the sales from their smartphone or tablet, find over $300 in weekly savings with digital coupons, and offers personalized deals “just for U”! I downloaded the app before heading to the store. I found reminders throughout the store which were very convenient as well.
Perks that I love:
- Available as an app on iOS and/or Android devices OR from your desktop at Safeway.com
- Find over $300 in weekly savings with digital coupons and personalized deals that are available through the just for U savings tool.
- Offers are based on the app users’ purchase history, so we save more on what we actually buy and use.
- No need to present a card, sort through ads and flyers, or clip coupons. It’s all on the app. And simply use your phone number at checkout!
- EASY to navigate. Simply choose what your looking for from the main start up menu pictured below.
From the app you can check out the weekly ad and add to your shopping list, search for digital coupons, check on your gas reward points, scan items from your pantry to see if there is a current deal or coupon available, and more.
Safeway also offers a unique gas rewards program in partnership with Chevron and Texaco. Shoppers can earn gas rewards every time you shop at your local Safeway Store. I love this option. I’m going to grocery shop each and every week. Why not get rewarded for my shopping by saving on my fuel? And, to make it easy, you can enroll online at Safeway.com OR simply download that amazing Safeway App to join.
There are reminders and hints throughout the store. Also, we visited Chevron after our shopping trip just to see how easy it is to use and it was just that…EASY! When you get your gas the prompt will ask you if you have a rewards card and for your rewards number, which is your phone number. Easy peasy. We didn’t quite hit the first reward yet, but I’m pretty close and excited to save on gas. And a huge perk, this Chevron was less than 1 mile from Safeway!
Grocery Delivery Service
This definitely makes Safeway stand out in our area. Grocery Delivery…YES PLEASE. This busy mom can use all the help she can get. Between work, housework, driving kids to practice, games, summer camp, activities, etc, sometimes grocery shopping takes place at 11pm! Safeway offers groceries delivered to your door if you’re in their delivery area. Plus, if you are a new customer, you get FREE delivery on your first order. Let me repeat…FREE DELIVERY on your first order!
- Safeway’s grocery delivery program offers one-hour delivery windows and a “Shop By History” feature that saves all previously purchased items for easy repeat purchasing.
- Trucks are equipped with both refrigerated and frozen compartments, so frozen items stay frozen and refrigerated items are cool when delivered.
- Did I mention as a new customer, you get FREE delivery on your first order. You may also qualify for FREE or discounted delivery fees on subsequent orders.
Head on over to Safeway.com to check it out. It is so easy to order online for delivery. Shop by history, aisle, or recipe. Plus check out the savings as well. Just because you’re not in store shopping doesn’t mean you can’t use those digital coupons.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.