It’s tailgate season y’all! With 4 kiddos, and grandparents that are HUGE football fans too, when we tailgate, we go BIG.We take along our portable grill, coolers, chairs, and even team decorations for our truck. We get all decked out in our favorite team gear and prepare our favorite recipes. Coming from a family of 9 siblings, my mom always taught me how to plan for large meals. Head to the local BJ’s Wholesale Club for bulk items at a fraction of the cost.
If you need a fun and tasty recipe for your tailgating party, BJ’s has you covered. Chef Glenn Lyman a BJ’s Wholesale Club Cooking Ambassador, came up with some amazing recipes just in time for your tailgating or your home tailgating party. The QUESO BURGER above is my favorite. What will you make? Sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs?
According to an online survey conducted by BJs Wholesale Club of 1,001 tailgaters on the East Coast, when it comes to sandwiches, burgers (49%) are the clear winner among pre-game partiers, followed by pulled pork (24%) and hotdogs (21%). And according to the research, the most important item for a tailgate is the cooler and ice (71%), followed by the grill (57%).The most forgotten items are bug spray (15%), with sunscreen 11% and trash bags 10% a close second and third!
TAILGATE MUST HAVES:
- COOLER with ice- we bring two! One is full of ice and beverages and the other is full of ice and any food items that require refrigeration.
- Plasticware – cups, plates, bowls, and utensils!
- Paper towels or napkins
- Comfortable folding chairs. One for each family member plus a few extra.
- Portable tables. Don’t forget you need a table for all that food and a table for everyone to eat at.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Trash bags.
- Condiments. Don’t forget salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, mayo, bbq sauces, etc.
- Speaker. My iPhone is just not loud enough so we always bring a big speaker for music and pre-game reports!
- Serving spoons and other serving utensils.
- Portable grill, charcoal or gas, tin foil.
- FOOD AND DRINKS!
- Table cloths in your team color of course.
Clara wants to add: “Don’t forget the cupcakes”:
Did you know that BJ’s Wholesale Club can be your ONE STOP SHOP for all of the above? Yes! From speakers to burgers and all your plastic and paper goods, BJ’s Wholesale Club has you covered.Right now, BJ’s is offering a Free 90 Day Membership now through December 31, 2016. Shoppers can print the Free 90-Day Membership coupon at www.BJs.com/savings and visit their local BJ’s club to activate their trial.
Now go and enjoy your tailgating party! GO TEAM!
Disclosure: I was provided a gift card to purchase items to help assist with this post. All opinions are my own.