After all the news about Walmart accepting/matching Publix & Winn Dixie’s BOGO Deals (at the WALMART PRICE!!!) I decided to venture out and check it out myself. When I arrived I stopped at customer service first to be clear about the policy.
The questions I asked were:
1) What is the limit on the new BOGO match policy?
2) What price will be honored at the BOGO price? Publix or Walmart?
3) Will coupons be accepted on the items?
The customer service employee was not sure of the answers, so I was convinced my trip was going to be a difficult one if I’m already having issues and haven’t even started shopping yet…..she called a manager, and then another manager, and then I got my answers:
1) What is the limit on the new BOGO match policy? 2 bogo deals per item
2) What price will be honored at the BOGO price? Publix or Walmart? whichever is cheaper (YEAH!)
3) Will coupons be accepted on the items? YES! (double YEAH!) Manufacturer coupons only.
So, off I went. I only had a few things on my list. But as I was shopping I realized just how cheap the prices at Walmart are, and once they were bogo’d they were REALLY good prices. I grabbed a few extra things that I didn’t have coupons for (gasp!). Then I headed to checkout. I chose the 20 or less line since I had about 12 items. There were no lines by the way – so maybe 830am is the time to shop at Walmart?? I pulled out my Publix ad and the cashier checked the dates first to be sure the ad was current. She was very nice and knew exactly what to do. She was aware of the BOGO matching policy at the lowest price. Which was Walmart’s price for every deal I purchased. She also took my coupons with no problem.
Here are 3 of the deals I went in for and the price differences:
Ritz Bits $2.50 (Publix Price $2.99-$3.29)
Kelloggs Frosted Flakes $2.96 (Publix Price $3.69-$4.29)
Red Baron Pizza $3.33 (Publix Price $4.99)
I used coupons to make everything cheaper. The coupons went through with NO ISSUES or BEEPS!
Ritz Bits BOGO $2.50
-(2) $1/1 from nabisco Coupon Book
Final Cost: ONLY .25 per box! *would have been .50-$.65 per box at Publix
Kelloggs Frosted Flakes $2.96 BOGO
-$1/2 Frosted Flakes (Kelloggs Family Rewards)
Final Cost: .98 per box!
Red Baron Pizza $3.33 BOGO
-$1/2 printable (no longer available)
Final Cost: $1.17 per pizza *would have been $2 each at Publix
Things NOT on my list that I picked up because the price was good even without coupons:
Cheez-Its $2.50 BOGO (Publix Price $3.69-$3.99)
Final Cost: $1.25 PER BOX!
Quaker Granola Bars BOGO $2.18 BOGO (Publix Price $2.34)
Final Cost: $1.09 each
I also checked out the Eggo Pancakes to see if they were cheaper than Publix, and they were by about .50 BUT they didn’t carry the chocolate chip variety, so I had to pass 🙂
My trip went very smooth. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of the new addition to their policy.
A few tips:
- Walmart will not accept Publix/Target/Winn Dixie Coupons, so if there is a STORE coupon available, you will want to take that into consideration because Publix may be cheaper in that instance. Also take into consideration that you will not be able to use the $5/$30 at Walmart
- Pick a not-so-busy time of the day if you don’t like to create a line. Each item will need to be verified in the ad you bring in.
- To save time, I had the items circled in the ad and all my price-matched items together on the belt
- Remember, only 2 bogo deals per item
- BRING YOUR AD – I was told by others that Walmart would have the ad….they did not
- If you are lucky enough to live near a “cheap Publix” – this may or may not benefit you. It’s worth a look!
- Don’t forget about Winn Dixie – Walmart will also accept Winn Dixie BOGO DEALS
Starting with tomorrow’s Publix Ad – Couponers United WILL HAVE THE Walmart prices available for you!!!! Stay tuned 🙂
Want to chat with other couponers and see their amazing coupon trips & finds?? Be sure to join our FACEBOOK CHAT GROUP. If you’re in Florida, check out the Couponers United FLORIDA chat group . If you’re in another area, join our GENERAL CHAT GROUP!